Professional Support Lawyer, Private Client, 10+ PQE, London. An exceptional opportunity for a Professional Support Lawyer to join leading and highly regarded City practice within their Private Client team. Call us now on 020 7183 8586.
JOB TITLE: Professional Support Lawyer
PQE REQUIRED: 10+
SALARY: Excellent + Benefits
This well established City practice wishes to recruit a Professional Support Lawyer to join the Private Client Department and to provide tax, trust and estate planning guidance and advice to fee earners. This position will be on a part time basis, 3-4 days per week and consist of various responsibilities including the following:
- Identifying and planning appropriate legal and systems training.
- Arranging a training programme, delivering training and liaising with internal and external speakers as appropriate (and liaising with training manager in this regard)
- Providing feedback on attendance and delivery of training and contribution to knowledge generally by fee earners
- Identifying ways for improving working efficiencies and streamlining working practices
- Undertaking file audits
- Drafting and maintaining precedents
- Encouraging a knowledge-sharing culture
- Proactively collecting items of know-how, assessing their usefulness as know-how
- Providing marketing and business development support, including identifying appropriate subjects for and the production of client briefings, articles and client seminars, both alone and with fee earners and with the Private department's dedicated business development team
- Responding to HMRC and Government consultations
- Understanding and being proficient in the use of the Firm's knowledge and research facilities
- Mentoring and assisting with supervising/training junior members of the department
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Private Client Professional Support Lawyer with a strong academic background, excellent technical skills and first class communication and organisational skills. You will have a minimum of 10 years' post-qualification experience gained from a highly-ranked practice or team coupled with significant private client experience including strong technical skills and in-depth experience
of the UK taxation of international high net worth individuals, most notably inheritance tax and capital gains tax and advising both resident and non-resident individuals and trustees in relation to UK tax legislation affecting them and their investments. In addition to this experience you will be an excellent people skills with a good, clear communication style, be an effective team player and be able to effectively prioritise work and meet demanding deadlines. You will also have an excellent ability to keep abreast with changes in legislation and market developments.
This well respected City firm handles exceptional quality work whilst maintaining a friendly and supportive working environment, ensuring all members of staff are valued for the vital contribution they make to the success of the firm.
A comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary will be on offer to the successful Property Litigation Solicitor.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).