Planning Locum, Surrey, 3+ PQE – A unique opportunity to be a part of the Legal Team within a renowned organisation for a minimum of 16 weeks. Call us now on 0207 183 8586.
JOB TITLE: Planning Locum
PQE REQUIRED: 3+
SALARY: £35,122 - £40,233
You will be assisting the Head of Legal Services and other staff in the Legal Team in delivering an effective legal service to the corporate client and by managing a personal caseload with a property and litigation emphasis. The appointed candidate will be required on a locum basis for a period of approximately 16 weeks with the possibility of extension.
The appointed Solicitor will have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision and must be able to work flexibly and manage a diverse caseload. Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills are essential. Strong IT skills are also required. The day to day conduct of the role will include (but is not limited to):
- The provision of advice and the drafting of documents associated with Town and Country Planning (including consideration of applications and accompanying evidence in support for Certificates of Lawfulness of Existing Use or Development [CLEUD]);
- Reviewing submitted Unilateral Undertakings;
- Preparation and variation of s106 Agreements/Unilateral Undertakings;
- Providing advice and assistance to development management and planning policy officers on planning compliance and other miscellaneous planning matters including CIL;
- Advising and assisting on all aspects of contract formation and variation, including changes made necessary by the General Data Protection Regulation and new obligations in Information Governance including data sharing agreements;
- To manage own substantial caseload, doing so under the supervision of the Head of Legal Services;
- Ensuring at all times that files are kept in accordance with Lexcel requirements.
This organisation believes in collaborative working, with a keenness for learning and development. The organisation boasts a number of opportunities to ensure you feel your best at work, namely a wellbeing at work programme.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).