Legal Adviser, Chippenham, NQ – 2 PQE – An excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer to move in-house. Call us now on 0121 454 1004.
JOB TITLE: Legal Adviser
PQE REQUIRED: NQ – 2 years
LOCATION: Chippenham (Commutable from: Wiltshire, Berkshire, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset)
SALARY: £-0n application
This role will report directly to the Legal Director and offers excellent exposure to senior stakeholders. Duties and responsibilities will include
- Drafting and maintaining legal precedents
- Supporting and advising Procurement on their standard agreements
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements including:
- NDA/confidentiality agreements;
- LOIs and outsourcing agreements;
- Variation and novation agreements;
- General logistics agreements; and
- IT agreements (as customer and supplier)
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks whilst ensuring a pragmatic approach
- Providing the business with ad hoc legal advice as and when needed
- Identifying and mitigating legal risk and keeping abreast of regulatory and market developments that will impact the business
- Reviewing and drafting policies and procedures, e.g. concerning data protection, social media and anti-bribery
- Experience in managing databases or internal registers, e.g. risk, litigation and data registers
- NQ - 2PQE
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced and complex business environment
- Ability to work alongside a small but busy team and prioritise work to ensure timescales are met
- Commercially-focused and aware of the balance between business needs and risk
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels of the organisation
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).