Investigations Officer, 5+ PQE, Bedfordshire, our well-regarded client are seeking a Locum Chartered Legal Executive to hit the ground running on an ongoing basis. Call us now on 020 7183 8586.
JOB TITLE: Investigations Officer
PQE REQUIRED: 5+
HOURLY RATE: £20 - £30
Our client is currently seeking a locum to cover a busy period with an immediate start. The ideal candidate will have gained 5 years + PQE and will have gained private practice experience. Your day to day tasks will included, however not be limited to:
- Investigations of complaints and allegations of misconduct, identifying appropriate courses of action including exercise of delegated decision making powers
- Liaising with complainants, members of the regulated community under investigation and others including other regulators, professional representative bodies and the Legal Ombudsman.
- Preparing investigation reports and presenting cases to decision makers.
- Prepare cases referred to Disciplinary Tribunal including instructing and liaising with legal advisors, obtaining witnesses statements, managing cases and providing oral evidence at hearings.
- Receive appeals against decisions and manage appeal cases, preparing bundles, defending appeals as necessary and instructing legal advisors.
- Undertake advocacy in cases before the Disciplinary Tribunal and Appeals Panel, or instruct advocates as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and auditable records and databases
You will be immediately available to commence a new assignment and have the ability to hit the ground running in all of these areas.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).