In-house Solicitor / Legal Counsel, 3+ PQE – An exciting opportunity to provide counsel and legal support on a variety of legal matters. Call us now on 020 3011 5173.
JOB TITLE: In-house Solicitor / Legal Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 5+
SALARY: £ - on application
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional who is keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. The successful In-house Solicitor / Legal Counsel will work on a diverse range of legal matters affecting the Bank such as regulatory issues, terms and conditions, land law and corporate law helping to grow and shape the bank. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing product and lending terms conditions and supporting documents prior to issue.
- Liaising with external legal advisors and attending court on behalf of the Bank in appropriate cases.
- Providing general legal advice on issues referred to the department or where appropriate instructing external firms or counsel.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Looking after a portfolio of contentious and non-contentious matters with limited supervision.
- Training and managing the junior members of the legal team as required.
- Supporting the Compliance function with legal advice and analysis.
The ideal In-house Solicitor / Legal Counsel will be:
- An English law qualified solicitor with at least 3 years PQE. Ideally gained within a banking or financial services environment
- Good knowledge of corporate law and land law.
- Experience of / exposure to banking transactional work.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Ability to build effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).