In-house Solicitor (Employment) - 2+PQE - Surrey - A unique opportunity to join a not for profit organisation and handle a mixed bag of employment work. Call us now on 020 3011 5173.
JOB TITLE: In-house (Employment) Solicitor
PQE REQUIRED: 2+
LOCATION: Leatherhead (Commutable from: London, Surrey, Kent )
SALARY: £- on application
Reporting to the Deputy General Secretary, the in-house Solicitor will be responsible for providing a comprehensive service of employment law advice. Providing advice on civil procedure and costs matters as well as implementing and keeping under review a legal strategy that ensures a consistent approach to the provision of legal advice and support. This will include;
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with each of the Claims administration departments;
- In conjunction with the training department contribute to the training on employment and discrimination law, ensuring they are updated on developments in case law and legislation;
- Providing a first-stage analysis of requests for advice/funding /support;
- In conjunction with the Research department contribute to a legal database which includes legal advice and relevant case decisions where requested;
- Review commercial contracts;
- Assist HR with any internal queries on an as required basis;
- Review leaflets and other materials produced in the employment and discrimination fields before they go to print.
- Direct post-qualification work experience in employment law and/or discrimination law for at least 2 years;
- A demonstrable understanding, awareness and commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity;
- Demonstrable experience with a good understanding and awareness of employment and discrimination law and Employment Tribunal practice and procedure;
- The ability to assess cost/merit/benefit of cases;
- Direct experience of assigning cases to and working with advocates;
- The ability to make complex legal matters accessible to non-lawyers through written and oral communication;
- The ability to review commercial contracts.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).