In-house Paralegal - Surrey - A unique opportunity to join a not for profit organisation and handle a mixed bag of work. Call us now on 020 3011 5173.
JOB TITLE: In-house Paralegal
LOCATION: Leatherhead (Commutable from: London, Surrey, Kent )
SALARY: £- on application
Reporting to the In-House Legal Manager, you will work alongside the In-House Solicitors on a broad range of civil and some criminal matters. Responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for maintaining the In-House Legal case tracker accurately and in a timely fashion
- Assist with case review and evaluation of a wide range of cases in consultation with the in-house legal team and key stakeholders and escalate where necessary
- Assist the in-house legal team with member’s matters. Prepare, draft and execute accurate documents and business correspondence; perform research; draft documents; calendar events; etc.
- Coordinate activities (meetings, presentations, etc.) across the in-house legal team.
- Proactively oversee and deliver the day to day administration of members files including but not limited to: client instructions, negotiations and timeframes
- Maintain records and databases relating to pending litigation and other matters.
- Minimum 12 months experience as a Paralegal in a member services organisation or similar
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience of drafting, reviewing, negotiating, amending and maintaining formal legal documentation
- Ability to self-manage time and work on various projects simultaneously, all with varying levels of urgency
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).