Clinical Negligence Solicitor, NQ-1 PQE, London. A first-class opportunity not to be missed by any trainee or recently qualified solicitor, looking to specialise in Clinical Negligence/PI law with a prestigious City practice. Call us now on 020 7183 8586.
JOB TITLE: Clinical Negligence Solicitor
PQE REQUIRED: NQ-1 year
SALARY: Excellent + Benefits
This exceptional position will see you working as part of a team, advising the firm’s clients on complex claimant clinical negligence and personal injury claims. You will undertake case work on liability, causation and quantum issues, adhering to procedural and funding guidelines and limits and develop an understanding of medical issues and how to investigate and apply these to the law in the best interests of the clients. You will also be required to develop an understanding of quality management standards (including risk assessment, funding guidelines and the firm’s procedures) and financial management of files (WIP, disbursements, billing and profitability) and working so as to meet or exceed chargeable hours targets.
You will be a driven and proactive individual who is currently or has recently completed your training contract with a leading City or regional practice and have gained some good exposure to clinical negligence work, having a passion and enthusiasm to develop your legal carer in this area of law. Experience within Clinical It is desirable that you have gained some knowledge and experience in the following area’s:
- Knowledge of Legal Aid Agency public funding and franchise requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of alternative forms of funding, including BTE/ATE, CFA and private retainers
- Knowledge of mental capacity issues, post mortems, coroners, inquests and the inquest procedure
- Experience of preparing schedules of loss
- Knowledge of the costs recovery process including the detailed assessment procedure
- Understanding of core liability, causation, consent, quantum and costs issues
- Knowledge of legal procedure including issue and service of proceedings, directions timetables, ADR and trial
- Experience in obtaining factual and expert evidence
- An understanding of how to maximise claimable costs through time recording and attendance notes
This well respected top 100 has a reputation for providing an excellent service to their clients as well as an outstanding working environment for their team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Litigation Solicitor to join a friendly and supportive team.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offer to the successful Clinical Negligence Solicitor.
As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to Candidate Registration to register your interest for similar positions.
eNL follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
In addition, if you know anyone else that is interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).